Disqus for Avec Amber

Nautical Stripes and Nigiri



Denim:  Zara slim fit denim in blue, current style in blue here or similar royal blue jean leggings at Express here
 Striped tee:  Zara basic striped tee, current version here
Jacket:  Rubbish from Nordstrom (old), similar at Kohl's here or Yoox here 
 Flats:  Nine West Clarence, on sale now here

Let me just admit right now that I love nautical-inspired outfits.  The crisp whites, neat stripes, and little feminine touches (like the laces and bows on my Nine West Clarence flats) all make an outfit feel pulled together without trying too hard.  I kept the top half bright with a white cotton jacket - a piece that has been in my closet since high school and continues to be one of the staples I reach for time and time again.  I also enjoy mixing up the everyday denim shades with my royal blue skinnies from Zara.  They are just bright enough to be noticeable and fun!

I met up with a longtime friend for sushi at Momiji tonight, and want to share the photos with you to continue the ocean theme of this post.  Momiji is one of my neighborhood favorite spots, and hopefully if you have not yet been these photos will encourage you to make the trip.  =)

Nigiri from the fresh sheet.   All amazing, I could eat this all day.
Front row left:  albacore tuna belly
Front row right:  sockeye salmon
Back row:  white king salmon

009 Roll:  Spicy tuna, avocado, and cucumber topped with white king salmon, lime, and jalapeno.  I have gotten this roll before and would definitely get it again.

Geisha Roll:  citrus on top, spicy tuna and avocado in the middle?  This was a final add-on by recommendation of our server.  I should have taken a photo of the fresh sheet - next time!  This was very very good, but the 009 was definitely my favorite of the two.

Nigiri and sushi rolls are some of my favorite warm-weather dinner choices!  What do you like to eat during the summer when the weather is hot?

Popular Posts