Disqus for Avec Amber

The Liebster Award


The lovely Kate at A Journey in {Effortless} Style nominated me for the Liebster Award!  I am honored and thrilled at the opportunity to meet more new bloggers like myself.  =)  Check out Kate's blog: http://ajourneyinstyle.blogspot.com/

Here's How it Works: The Liebster award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
 
What is a Liebster?

The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

1. Each person much post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the nominator made for you and also create 11 more questions for the blogs you nominate
3. Choose 11 people and link them to your post
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
 
11 facts about Amber:
1) I studied Mandarin Chinese at the University of Washington for two years, and still watch Chinese movies sometimes to refresh my memory.  I also retained a good amount of French from 4 years of high school study.
2) My nickname at work is "Tink" (short for Tinkerbell) because of my blond ponytail and attitude.
3) I am slightly claustrophobic, and will avoid a packed elevator to wait for the next empty one.
4) I have an obsession with shoes.
5) I love to cook and bake, having very fond memories of baking with my dad as a kid.
6) People tell me I look like Amanda Seyfried, or Rebecca Gayheart, both of which I think are wonderful compliments.
7) I'm a total Gleek!
8) I think clowns are really creepy.
9) I am a very tactile person - I will buy things if the material feels soft.  I can't help it.
10) I hate horror movies, I refuse to watch them. 
11) I'm a total night owl, mornings are my nemesis.

11 questions Kate asked:
1) What is your dream career?  Rick Steves has my dream job.  Too bad he got to it first!  =)
2) What do you do to relieve stress?  I cook or bake.  The predictable chemistry is comforting.
3) What is your favorite thing about 2012?  This year has brought several big life changes, and I am so thankful for everything that I has brought me to where I am now.
4) Why did you name your blog what it is named?  
One of my favorite chefs, Eric Ripert, had a tv show called "Avec Eric."  I'm a nerd for alliteration, and I thought it sounded good.
5) What's the first thing you do when you wake up?  
Hit the snooze button at least once.  I am not a morning person.
6) How many shoes do you own? Is that too many or too few?  
Over 100 at any given time, though I go through my shoes at least twice a year to donate on a regular basis.  I never have enough shoes.
7) What is your favorite thing about yourself?
Physically, my eyes.  I love how they change color depending on the light.
8) What is your favorite season to dress for?
Definitely fall - I love the boots, the layers, the fabrics, and the textures.  It's cold, but not below freezing so you don't have to bundle up completely.
9) What is your favorite part of blogging?
Meeting new bloggers, and getting great ideas for my own style and posts!  
10) What are your biggest pet peeves?
 Bad drivers - I get serious road rage sometimes.
11) What are you thankful for?
I have so much to be thankful for.  =)  My family, my sweetheart, and my dear friends mean the most to me and help create so many wonderful memories.

My 11 questions:
1) What made you decide to give your blog its name?
2) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
3) What is the best book that you have read recently?
4) What is your most prized possession?
5) What accomplishment are you the most proud of?
6) What is your favorite TV show and why? 
7) What are your favorite online shopping sites?
8) What is your favorite fashion decade?
9) What color do you wear the most?
10) Heels or flats?
11) What is the one food you cannot resist?
  
And here are my 11 nominees:
1) Aubree at My Fashionate Life
2) Emily at A Devine Life
3) Libby at Hello, Libby Dear
4) Alice at Happiness at Mid-Life
5) Alyson at www.crushingonclothes.com
6) Maria at Dainty and Decadent
7) Lindsay at Fashionable Footprints
8) Anne at In Residence
9) Jess at My Haute Habit
10) Marisa at Style Rhapsody
11) Melanie at Style to Stage


I hope you are having a wonderful, restful Sunday!  I know I will be happy when election day is past so that every other ad on TV isn't election related.  =P  Have you voted?  Thanks for reading!

Popular Posts