Style Remix: Peter Pan Collar Necklace

I think the peter pan collar necklace is absolutely brilliant.  I wanted to adopt the embellished collar trend this season, but didn't want to drop a lot of money on multiple tops in different colors with embellished collars sewn on.  Instead, I opted for this pretty gold peter pan collar necklace that I can restyle over and over again with different blouses, sweaters, tees, and even dresses already in my closet.  I first featured this necklace in The Peter Pan Collar Necklace, and in today's outfit styled the same necklace with a simple ivory sweater and yellow tweed pencil skirt for a girls' dinner in celebration of two dear friends' birthdays!




Necklace: Modcloth (old)
Sweater: Banana Republic (old), similar "Luxlight Crew Pullover" in ivory frost, $39.95 at Gap here
Skirt: Banana Republic Factory, check out the "Tall Lace Cutout Pencil Skirt" in yellow bliss, $69.99 (on sale + additional 40% off with code SPRING!) at Ann Taylor here
Wedges: CL by Chinese Laundry "Nima" in nude, $39.95 at Amazon here
Bracelets: "Gold Bangle Set," $39.50 at J Crew here plus yellow bangle from Forever 21 (old), check out this "Lacquered Bangle Set, $8.80 at Forever 21 here
Clutch: Tory Burch (old), similar Tory Burch "Amanda - Angelux Logo Clutch" in aged vachetta, $350 at Nordstrom here

 A peter pan collar necklace adds instant sparkle to a simple outfit without breaking the bank.  It is a fantastic way to turn a regular sweater or tee into an embellished one, but only when you want it!  Check out my current picks for peter pan collar necklaces below:

 
Left: "Ornate Fate Collar Necklace," $21.99 at Modcloth here   
Middle: "Cobalt Mesh Collar" (also available in black, white, and ebony), $28 at Baublebar here
Right: "Gold Chain Collar Necklace," $27 at Dorothy Perkins here

How would you style a peter pan collar necklace?  Thank you for reading!

Comments

  1. What a cute necklace! I don't have a peter pan necklace, but after seeing yours I really want one :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so fond of the peter pan collar. I can't believe I am having such a difficult time finding them (in an affordable option). The necklace is a smart idea! You'll get to wear it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate! I love the versatility, and definitely will get a lot of wear out of it!

      Delete
  3. Love the peter pan collar! You look so pretty.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I also like the beaded collar necklaces similar to Anthropologie. They look great with solid colors. Great idea using it to spruce up your regular shirts instead of buying several different colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love how easy this type of necklace is to pair with a solid colored top!

      Delete
  5. Perfect colors for you!! So cute!

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, Tara! Your necklace is gorgeous today too! =)

      Delete
  7. love the collar necklace,stunning! interesting blog,do visit my blog and if you like,follow on GFC and Bloglovin and leave a comment and i'll surely follow back:-)

    http://feistyfoxdiaries.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Stephanie! Check your post from today for a note from me! =)

      Delete
  8. I love peter pan collar necklaces too. I have a couple but don't use them enough. What I did not realize was that I don't really own a lot of tops that had the right neckline.

    Love this outfit!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it , you are pretty! SHall we follow let me know

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world and leaving a comment. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular Posts