Wine Wednesday: Handcraft 2010 Pinot Noir

Hello and happy hump day!  Today is my second installment of my new Wine Wednesday feature, and today's bottle is the Handcraft 2010 Pinot Noir.  With the weather getting warmer, I decided it would be great to highlight a lighter wine that is great for spring and summer .  I purchased this bottle of Handcraft Pinot Noir for $7.99 on sale at my local QFC.  It is a blend of 76% Pinot Noir, 9% Tempranillo, 6% Petit Verdot, 6% Sangiovese, and 3% Petite Sirah with 13.5% alcohol content.

During an initial sniff of this pinot, I got a whiff of fruit and vanilla.  For me, it smelled like strawberries and cherries.  The taste is similar with fruit, vanilla, and spice, and the body is smooth and well balanced.  One review I read suggested chocolate or chocolate covered cherry taste as well.  Because this is a medium-body wine, it doesn't have a lingering finish but is still very pleasant and easy to drink.


For under $10, the Handcraft Pinot Noir is a tasty everyday wine to have at home.  Pinot noirs are considered a versatile wine, and pair well with many foods.  Some suggestions of mine are braised short ribs, cedar plank salmon, chicken marsala, and seafood paella.  I hope this inspires you to try this great value wine with a new dish!  Thanks so much for reading.  =)

Popular Posts