Neon Yellow

Hello and happy hump day!  I'm off to Minneapolis today on another work trip - this one puts me over 40,000 miles flown this year with both work and fun trips combined.  Wow!  That's a lot of time with my booty in an airplane seat.  ;)  I don't mind, though, because I love to see different parts of the country and world.

Today I want to share with you an outfit that I never would have worn a few years ago.  I love yellow, but have always hesitated to stray into the neon shade because of my pale complexion.  Neon has been so popular the last couple of years, but I've never taken the plunge to wear the shade until now.  When I was on my recent work trip to Hong Kong, I found two items that I just could not pass up: a white/neon yellow stripe skirt and a neon yellow clutch.  When paired with white and beige, these pieces provide the perfect pop of color without overpowering the outfit.  The skirt is definitely too short for work, but great for a casual outing with friends.  The clutch has quickly become my favorite new piece because I love the color and all of the different strap options for carrying! 





 Skirt: Purchased in Hong Kong
Clutch: Purchased in Hong Kong
Blouse: Banana Republic (old), check out the Kenneth Cole New York "Jolie" sleeveless blouse in white, $45.56 (on sale!) here
Wedges: "Shea Wedge" in champagne/tawny brown, $79 at Banana Republic here
Necklace: Nadri "Boxed Initial Pendant Necklace" in silver, $31.90 here
Bracelet: old, check out the Kate Spade New York "Spade Thin Hinge Bangle" in silver, $48 at Zappos Couture here

Neon striped skirts are a little harder to find, but a neon clutch is a perfect way to add bright color to your outfit.  Check out my picks for neon yellow clutches below:


Left: Tory Burch "Snake Continental Wallet" in flash yellow (also available in energy pink and sunrise orange), $157.45 (on sale!) at Nordstrom here
Middle: Melie Blanco "Janelle Clutch" in neon yellow (also available in neon pink and neon orange), $65 at Amazon here
Right: Michael Michael Kors "Jet Set Travel Perforated Clutch" in neon yellow (also available in optic white, neon pink, and black), $98 at Macys here

Linking up with the lovely Tara over at Mix and Match Fashion for her summer style linkup.

What is your favorite neon color?  Thanks so much for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts