Style Remix: Garden Floral Pencil Skirt

Summer weather has not yet left Seattle, so I'm holding on to my summer wardrobe as long as possible.  This floral pencil skirt is one of my Forever 21 finds, and I bought it specifically to add some color to my work wardrobe.  I styled it earlier this spring with a cobalt blouse, belt, and pumps in Garden Floral Pencil Skirt.  The cobalt pairing really brought out the darker hues in the skirt, so this time I decided to bring out the lighter hues by pairing it with a mint peplum top and neutral pumps and bag.  I am fortunate to work in an office where bright color and prints are acceptable, so I enjoy the ability to wear bright outfits like this from time to time.  This print is dark enough on this skirt that I think I can style it with navy one more time before I pack it away for winter.




 Skirt: "Essential Floral Print Pencil Skirt" in green/white (also available in coral/yellow), $11.99 (on sale!) at Forever 21 here
Peplum Top: Banana Republic (no longer available online), similar "Refined Peplum Top" in mint/cream, $17.80 at Forever 21 here
Pumps: CL by Chinese Laundry "Nima" wedge pump in nude, $39.95 at DSW here
Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs "Henry" in gold, $250 at Piperlime here
Necklace: Banana Republic Factory (old), check out the "Mixed Mint Link Collar," $26 at Baublebar here
Clutch: Tory Burch (old), similar Tory Burch "Amanda Logo Flap Clutch" in royal tan, $350 at Nordstrom here

Floral prints are still going strong this fall, the patterns are just getting darker with colors like black, navy, purple, and taupe.  Check out my save and splurge picks for fall floral pieces below (of course I had to include the Phillip Lim for Target floral peplum top I styled on Monday!):


Left: Save on the "Daring Floral Cutout Dress" in black/magenta, $32.80 at Forever 21 here
Middle: Save on the 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target "Peplum Tank -Floral Print," $39.99 at Target here
Right: Save on the Eight Sixty "Alice Floral Vegan Leather Dress" in black floral (leather + floral at this price? Yes please!), $29.97 (on sale!) at Piperlime here

Left: Splurge on the "Petite Exclusive Leather Skater Skirt" in floral, $143.45 at Asos here
Middle: Splurge on the Rachel Roy "Lace Trim Floral Print Pencil Skirt" in black multi, $268 at Nordstrom here
Right: Splurge on the Paul & Joe Sister "Romarin Jacket" in beige, $195 at Shopbop here

Linking up with the lovely Agi over at Vodka Infused Lemonade for her Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday series and the lovely Tara over at Mix & Match Fashion for her What I Wore to Work series!

vodkainfusedlemonade.com
 
 
MIX MATCH
 
How would you style floral pieces for fall?  Thank you for reading and I hope you are having a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts