Fall Essential: Colored Skinny Jeans

It feels so good to be home!  I criss-crossed the globe the last three weeks, and if you follow me on Instagram you had a peek at "where in the world is A-a-amber Rathvon" (imagine me singing to the Carmen Sandiego theme).  After a wonderful ten day vacation in Europe, I was in Seattle for one day and then flew to Shanghai for a ten day work trip.  I was able to post my two most recent outfits from Europe, but once I got to China I didn't have access to Blogger anymore (it's one of the many websites banned in China).  Now that I'm home, this week's goal is to catch up on the Blogosphere to see what I missed!

When I left Seattle on September 26th, it was still summer.  Now, three weeks later, I returned to autumn!  The mornings are foggy, the leaves have turned, and it is time to stock up on essential fall pieces.  One of the items I can't live without this fall is a pair of colored skinny jeans.  I purchased these ginger J Brand skinnies from Hautelook a few months ago for a steal, and now that the temperatures have cooled they will be on steady rotation.  For this casual outfit, I paired these J Brand ginger skinnies with my Madewell denim jacket, a striped sweater, black booties, and my Pour La Victoire tote.  The denim jacket adds a cool, casual vibe to the stripes and skinnies in an outfit that is perfect for shopping with the girls, casual Friday at work, and more.


 



Denim Jacket: "The Jean Jacket" in stormcloud wash, $118 at Madewell here
Sweater: Banana Republic (old), similar "Variegated Stripe Pullover" in white, $59.99 (on sale!) at Banana Republic here
Denim: J Brand "Mid Rise Faded Detail Super Skinny Jean" in ginger (no longer available)
Boots: Halogen "Katrina" bootie in black, $99.95 at Nordstrom here
Bag: Pour La Victoire "Butler Tote" in black via Nordstrom (no longer available), check out the two available colors $99.99-$119.99 at 6pm.com here

There are a number of great options when it comes to choosing your go-to colored skinny jeans this fall, but I'm loving earth tones in shades to match the changing leaves.  Check out my picks below, all are under $80:


Left: "Lightweight Stretch Ankle Skinny" in rapunzel (available in four other colors), $78 at Free People here
Middle: "1969 Coated Biker Legging Jean" in vamp red (available in four other colors), $79.95 (on sale) at Gap here
Right: "Articles of Society "Mya Overdyed Skinny Jeans" in army, $59 at Nordstrom here

What colors of skinny jeans are you craving this fall, and how are you planning to style them?  Thanks so much for reading and I hope you have a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts