Foodie Review: Rione XIII, Seattle, WA

My boyfriend and I regularly talk about how it's hard to keep track of restaurants here in Seattle.  There are so many openings (and closings) every month that we have a seemingly endless list of restaurants we want to try.  I'm trying to be better about taking photos when we eat out, so that I can create weekend foodie review posts for those of you who are interested in the Seattle restaurant scene.  Today's featured restaurant is Rione XIII, opened in late 2012 by chef Ethan Stowell.  Rione XIII was inspired by Trastevere, the 13th district of Rome that holds medieval houses, cobblestone streets, and loads of character.  Some say it's the best district to eat in Rome, and although I have not yet been I did very much enjoy our meal.  Please read on for details of the dishes we enjoyed.

Suppli al Telefono: Fried Risotto, Beef Ragu, Mozzarella.

 
 Oxtails alla Vaccinara: Creamy Polenta, Tomato, Oregano

  Another view of the oxtail, it was so tender and delicious!

Tonnarelli Cacio e Pepe: Black Pepper, Pecorino Romano. A staple!

 Bucatini Amatriciana: Guanciale, Garlic, Chili, Tomato

 Dessert special: Pistachio Cannelloni.  This one wasn't on the menu, but we have the server our feedback that it should be!

Website: http://www.ethanstowellrestaurants.com/locations/rione-xiii/

Ethan Stowell is a household name here in Seattle, and Rione XIII is a great addition to his restaurant empire and the Capital Hill neighborhood.  I'd go back and eat again at some point this winter for more of this tasty comfort food. Thank you for visiting my blog today, and I hope you have a great weekend!

Popular Posts