Luxe Sweatshirt

I was skeptical when I first saw the luxe sweatshirt trend last fall, because in the past sweatshirts made me think only of early morning classes, weekend errand-running, or the gym.  I wasn't sure that I could get on board with a luxe version of this casual staple, but then I started to see versions with different fabrics and textures catch my eye.  When Conversation Pieces Boutique sent me this fall-perfect windowpane plaid version, I fell in love with the pattern and super soft chevron texture (you can see a close-up of the front texture in the last photo below).  My challenge to myself was to create a dressy outfit with this piece, and prove that a luxe sweatshirt can be more than just a casual weekend item.  This is what I came up with for an outfit pairing: a red fluted skirt, booties, a statement necklace, and red lips for date night.  I can also see myself pairing this luxe sweatshirt with skinnies, over-the-knee boots, and a leather jacket when the temperatures drop.





 Sweatshirt c/o Conversation Pieces: "Criss Cross My Heart Sweater" in grey (also available in black), $34 here
Skirt: J Crew (no longer available), see similar "Plaza Skirt" in crimson maple crepe, $79.99 (on sale!) at J Crew here
Booties: Halogen via Nordstrom (few sizes left for $49.97 here), check out the new Halogen "Riley Open Toe Bootie" in black (also available in burgundy & chocolate), $109.95 at Nordstrom here
Necklace: Baublebar (old), currently loving the "Onyx Baroque Bib," $58 at Baublebar here
Watch: Karl Lagerfeld "7 Faceted Bezel Bracelet Watch, 44mm" in black, $250 at Nordstrom here
Ring: old, loving this Kenneth Jay Lane "Ruby Crystal Ring," $130 at Lane Crawford here
Clutch: Koret New York (old), check out the current Koret "Ori Clutch" in black, $286.40 (20% off) at Shopbop here

I am loving all of the luxe sweatshirt options currently available in stores, especially ones with feminine touches.  Check out my picks below, all priced at $64 or less:


Left: "Gold Heart Sweatshirt" in heather graphite, $59.50 (25% off with code SHOPFORFALL) at J Crew here
Middle: "Embellished Sweatshirt Tee" in heather grey medium, $25 (54% off!) at Loft here
Right: Glamorous "Floral Print Sweatshirt" in grey/white floral, $64 at Piperlime here

Also, check out my picks for cozy, fall-perfect pullovers currently available at Conversation Pieces Boutique:



Left: "Go With The Flow Pullover" in oatmeal (also available in charcoal), $34 here
Middle: "Snuggle Up Drape Knit," $33 here
Right: "Cross My Heart Pullover," $34 here

 How would you style a luxe sweatshirt this fall?  Thank you for visiting my blog today, and I hope you have a great rest of your week!

Linking up with Agi at Vodka Infused Lemonade, Alice at Happiness at Mid-Life, and Tara at Mix & Match Fashion

Financial compensation was not received for this post. Product was provided free of charge from Conversation Pieces Boutique, but the opinions expressed here are my own.

Popular Posts