Denim Blazer and Chambray

Today I am linking up with both Tara at Mix & Match Fashion for her "What I Wore to Work" series and Bri at Work Clothes, I Suppose for her "Third Thursday Threads" series.  I am back to layering for work this week because of our crazy weather here in Seattle.  Last week was sunny with highs in the mid to upper 80's, but this week it can't seem to make up its mind.  I've watched lightning bolts and sheets of rain pass through the city from my desk, intermixed with teasing pockets of sunshine.

A blazer and blouse are components of a pretty basic work outfit, but I like to think that I made it more interesting by layering light chambray under dark denim for a trendy monochromatic look.  Solid and conservative on top, and a great pop of color on the bottom with these bright red cropped chinos.  It is so ME.  I also love how the denim and chambray make my blue eyes look so bright!  Navy smoking flats and silver accessories (including this beautiful blue topaz pendant I recently received from my amazing boyfriend) round out this office look.






Blazer: "Denim Blazer" (also available in petite!) $94.99 (on sale!) at Banana Republic here
Chambray: Topshop (old)
Pants: "City Slim Chino" in new vermillion (petite!), $58.99 (on sale!) at Banana Republic here 
Smoking Flats: Sole Society (old), similar French Sole FS/NY "Drama" (Piperlime exclusive!) in navy viperina snake print, $47.97 (on sale!) at Piperlime here
Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs "Blade Crystal Index Watch" in gunmetal, color no longer available but check out the silver, $225 at Piperlime here
Ring: Elsa Peretti "Teardrop" ring in sterling silver, $425 at Tiffany & Co here
Necklace: Gift, check out this similar "Sterling Silver Blue Topaz and Diamond Accent Pendant," $112 (on sale!) at Kohl's here

 Denim and chambray layer so well together.  You can put a lighter shirt under a darker jacket as I did here, or try a different combination from the many great options out there.  Check out my save and splurge picks on denim and chambray layering pieces below:


Left: Save on the Merona "Women's Oxford Blazer" in chambray, $34.99 at Target here
Middle: Save on the Kensie "Dot Chambray Peplum Top" in indigo combo (I love the on-trend shape and work appropriate cut!), $59 at Zappos here
Right: Save on the "Blazer in Indigo Tweed Denim," $42.43 at Asos here


Left: Splurge on the Line & Dot "Polka Dot Denim Blazer" in light blue (you had me at polka dots, and then I saw the pink lining!), $129 at Urban Outfitters here
Middle: Splurge on the Madewell "Washed Chambray Blazer" in overcast wash, $138 at Shopbop here
Right: Splurge on the "Lois Chambray Sleeveless Top" in chambray/white (I love the white cutout panel on top!), $98 at French Connection here

How would you style denim and chambray togetherThank you for reading! 


Comments

  1. Great look! You can never go wrong with a blazer or chambray, so pairing the two together is definitely a winner :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Heather! I think it's a winning combo too! =)

      Delete
  2. Great minds think a like! I also wore my cropped red pants and a chambray shirt today. But I layered a camel colored blazer over mind. I like the idea of putting the dark denim blazer over the lighter chambray, though. Something for me to keep in mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think camel looks great over chambray, too! I'll have to try that next time! =)

      Delete
  3. Love the denim jacket with the red pants. So pretty!!!

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit: cute, fun, and classy all in one! I bought a chambray blazer recently at J. Crew Factory for 50% off and I love it, so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 50% off!! What a great deal, Erika! You will definitely get a ton of wear out of that blazer. =)

      Delete
  5. I love the fit of this jacket and I love the bright-colored pants. Your shoes are perfect, too.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great Amber! You are so right that the blues totally bring out your pretty eyes. My hubby has baby blue eyes and it's the same for him too. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alice! I hope you have a wonderful weekend too. =)

      Delete
  7. I love this look. You look so preppy and chic :) Pretty!!

    If you have a sec, hope you can drop by my blog too and read my latest: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the denim on denim look ~ one of my favorite current trends! Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment :)

    http://classroomcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not a fan of too short pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure you would look good if you wore them, Felix. Try it out and send me a pic! =)

      Delete
  10. love that denim jacket! Its amazing! way cute!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The color combo is great! I think you did a great job with the denim/chambray look. I too would go for a pop of color with the two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Grace! I know you also love bright colors! =)

      Delete
  12. LOVE those shoes. You look great - and I totally commend you for going back to layering...I'm fighting it on the few days I'm home which just means I'm freezing everywhere! Thanks for linking up - and for reminding me we need to plan a Seattle blogger get-together!! I really want to make that happen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world and leaving a comment. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular Posts