Urban Safari



Jacket:  JCrew (old), similar Michael Kors at Amazon here
Striped Tee (old), similar at Mango here 
Skinny Cargo Pants:  JBrand "Houlihan" in olive
Shoes:  DV by Dolce Vita
Watch:  Michael Kors, Ring: H&M
Sunnies:  Marc by Marc Jacobs

I can hardly believe it is the last week of August already, and am enjoying our stretch of sun and warmth by sticking to summer trends and sandals for just a bit longer.  I just love the rugged sole and metal accents on these sandals, and they pair so well with my JBrand Houlihan skinny cargos.  The "urban safari" trend has been popular during spring/summer 2012, and the neutral tones are easy to transition into early fall.  Since my JBrand Houlihan skinny cargos and DV by Dolce Vita sandals are no longer available, I have gathered several great alternatives below:


Left to Right:
J Brand Maverick Skinny Cargo Pant at ShopBop here 
Degaine One Pocket Cargo Pant at 6pm (on sale!)  here
Big Star Hysteria Skinny Cargo in Ale Green at 6pm (on sale!) here


Left to Right:
Charles by Charles David Flute in cognac/taupe at Amazon (on sale!) here 
Charles by Charles David Flare in cognac/taupe at Amazon (on sale!) here

You can see I chose two very similar but yet very different sandals:  one platform heel and one low wedge.  I think either (or both) of these sandals would pair nicely with skinny cargos and give you the option to go dressy or casual.  I been fighting the urge all day to purchase the low wedge on Amazon...the sale price is so compelling!

I hope this post gives you some ideas on how to create your own "urban safari" outfit to transition from late summer into early fall.  Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! Now that you are back from Italy we have to get together so you can tell me all about your trip. =)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world and leaving a comment. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular Posts