Style Remix: Red Denim

<data:blog.pageTitle />




 Jacket:  Stella Star via Nordstrom's (old)
Sweater:  Loft Sheer Stripe 3/4 Sleeve Sweater here
Pants:  Bella Dahl via Nordstrom Rack
Pumps:  Purchased in Hong Kong
Watch:  Marc by Marc Jacobs "Blade" Crystal Index watch in silver/gunmetal, $275 at Nordstrom here or $275 at Piperlime here
Ring:  My fav, old but purchased from Sargent's Fine Jewelry in Lahaina, Maui, store link here 

 I have been looking for other colors to pair with these bright red pants, last seen in Did Someone Say Fire?  I was inspired by how Blair over at Atlantic-Pacific paired her bright red skirt and Hunter boots with an olive jacket and grey sweater, and decided to try my own version an olive military jacket, grey and khaki striped sweater, and olive pumps.  Usually I just pair bright colors like this with black or white, but I really like how well these softer neutrals look with bright red!

I also am loving the animal sweater trend that Blair rocks in her post, and I've added a few of my favorites below:


Left: "Arctic Inner-Circle Sweater" in grey, $72.99 at Modcloth here
Middle: "Frenchie Sweater" in neutral dog, $98 at J Crew here
Right: Topshop "Cat Burglar Graphic Sweater" (petite) in pink, $76 at Nordstrom here
    
What other colors would you wear with bright red pants?

Thanks so much for reading!

Comments

  1. Ah!! I really like the sweater with the frenchie or polar bear. Super cute!! I would love one with a fox too because it'll be like Kobi. haha.. ^__^

    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    Enter My Naked Palette Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I know - I'm sure someone makes a sweater with a fox on it! We just have to find one. ;)

      Delete
    2. http://us.asos.com/countryid/2/Sugarhill-Boutique-Foxy-Sweater/yhbph/?iid=2415075&MID=35719&affid=2135&WT.tsrc=Affiliate&siteID=J84DHJLQkR4-T0Hh1MuJP5p_xaB6xX_D_A

      Delete
    3. OMG!!! Thank you!!! That is exactly what I was picturing in my mind! hahaha..

      Delete
    4. So cute! I wonder if Asos will get more. If they do, Sheila you should definitely buy it! =)

      Delete
  2. I love the detail on the back of your heels! If I had a pair of bold red pants, I would keep my tops simple and muted (greys, whites, blacks, neutrals, or really soft/pale colors (like pink, mint, etc).

    Kate @ A Journey in Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of pale colors like pink or mint - that's a really good idea, Kate! Thanks so much!! =)

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, Amber! So nice to "meet" a fellow Seattle blogger :)

    I'm facing a bit of the same dilemma as you right now-- i have the perfect pair of fire red skinnies but never know what to pair it with aside from my cream sweater. I need more options!! Love the fox sweaters you picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, first of all, I'm from Seattle too! I never realized how many stylish people were actually from Seattle before I joined the blogging world, haha.

    I love this outfit. I just bought bright red skinnies last spring and I'm obsessed, though it was harder than I thought it would be to style them at first. But one of my favorite combos is pairing them with a chambray button up { here } or with navy { here }, because that's basically a neutral, right?

    But seriously, girl, you be workin' those red pants.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog! Newest follower right here. :)

    Melanie
    Style to Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I love both of those looks! Your 4th of July face is priceless, and I recall having pretty much the same face on that day. =P Nothing like bundling up in your winter coat to watch fireworks in July! Thanks so much for following me too!

      Delete
  5. Hi, Amber! Thanks so much for commenting on my blog so I could find yours!!! Are you a part of the Seattle Style Bloggers community yet? If not, message me and I'll get you the info you need. Love your red pants with the soft, taupe sweater. So nice to "meet" you! ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world and leaving a comment. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular Posts