The Peplum Coat

<data:blog.pageTitle />





 Coat: Elevenses via Anthropologie (winter 2011 style)
Scarf:  Lulu "Equestrian Print Scarf" in navy, no longer available but the similar Lulu "Horse Print Scarf" is $18 at Nordstrom here
Sweater: "Merino Blend V-Neck Sweater" in gold, $23.94 (on sale!) at The Limited here
Tank: "Sexy Stretch Bra Cami" in espresso, $19.90 at Express, available colors here
Denim: J Brand "Skinny Stretch Jeans" in northern lights wash, current pure wash available for $169 at Nordstrom here 
 Boots: Vince Camuto 'Brooklee' in rich cocoa (Nordstrom Exclusive), $169.90 at Nordstrom here
Watch: Michael Kors, but I am loving the Nixon "The Spur" Bracelet Watch, $300 at Nordstrom here 
Ring: "Gold Arrow Ring," $24 at Baublebar here

Peplum tops are all the rage this season, but apparently I was on trend one winter early when I picked up this Elevenses plaid wool peplum coat at Anthropologie last year!  I just love the red plaid pattern, the furry collar, and the military-style buttons.  For today's outfit, I paired my peplum coat with a mustard sweater, my favorite J Brand skinnies, my Lulu "Equestrian" scarf, and my Vince Camuto "Brooklee" knee-high boots for a casual winter look.  I also am sporting my new Baublebar "Gold Arrow Ring," a birthday gift from my dear friend Michelle that is part of Baublebar's collaboration with the lovely Blair over at Atlantic Pacific.

I found some fabulous save and splurge picks currently in stores and online!  Check them out below:


Left: Save on the "Peplum Coat w/ Faux Fur Trim" in black/brown, $39.80 at Forever 21 here
Middle: Save on the "Fur Collar Peplum Skirted Coat" in black, $130 at Topshop here
Right: Save on the Steve Madden "Puff-Sleeve Peplum Coat" in bright red, cobalt blue, or black, $79 at Dillard's here


 Left: Splurge on the Burberry "Cotton Tweed Heritage Jacket" in camel/pale ash grey, $2,495 at Burberry here
Middle: Splurge on the Ted Baker London "Peplum Wool Jacket" in bright blue, $385 at Nordstrom here
 Right: Splurge on the "Collared Peplum Coat" in grey or yellow, $498 at Anthropologie here

  How do you feel about the peplum trendDo you think it is a "love it" or "leave it" trend?

Friday is finally here...thank goodness!  I hope you have fun weekend plans ahead and thank you for reading!  =)

Comments

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you like the ring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm following back through GFC too! Let me know if you want to follow each other through bloglovin or another media :)

    Love your coat! :)


    XO Nat
    [nat in love]

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute coat, you are adorable!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this coat and shoes!!! SO cute!
    Kal
    www.kalleemae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh not a fan of the trend. This looks okie to me. Maybe better next time honn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the style of your jacket! Great boots!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That coat is adorable! I love the gold button detailing. I'm a new follower :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Starbucks + Ad Space Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world and leaving a comment. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular Posts