What I Wore to Work



 Blazer: Forever 21 (old), similar "Origami Pocket Blazer" in white, $48.99 (on sale!) at Arden B here
Blouse: Banana Republic, similar "Tailored Non-Iron Sateen Shirt" in fall navy, $59.50 at Banana Republic here
Skirt: Banana Republic "Striped Sweater Skirt" in new off white, $98 at Banana Republic here
Pumps: Kelsi Dagger "Linzy" in red patent, $89.95 at DSW here
Bag: Michael Kors satchel in red saffiano leather (MK outlet purchase), similar Dooney & Bourke "Alto Small Zip Zip Satchel" in red, $325 at Dooney here
Necklace: Ruche (old), similar House of Harlow 1960 "White Sand 5 Station Necklace," $75 at Piperlime here
 Watch: Michael Kors (old), check out the Michael Kors "Slim Runway" in gold, $180 at Piperlime here

Today I am linking up with Tara over at Mix and Match Fashion for her What I Wore to Work linkupAbout half of my posts on this blog are work outfits, and the other half are casual or going out outfits.  Although I work in a corporate office, I have quite a bit of flexibility with my work wardrobe thanks to Seattle's casual culture.  =)  

This outfit is a great example of what I wear when meeting with suppliers: a blazer, collared shirt, fitted skirt, and heels are polished and professional.  I love the brightness that a white blazer brings to this nautical outfit, but I could just as easily wear my navy blazer too.  The red satchel and heels bring out that little stripe of red in my skirt.  Can I just take a minute to say how much I love the timeless shape and gorgeous color of this bag?  I was shopping at our local outlet mall a couple of weekends ago with a friend, and immediately spotted it when we walked in the Michael Kors store.  It was like a tractor beam!  This satchel is made of saffiano leather (which I thought only Prada used!)and it looks like it will hold up well.  The price was too good to resist, and my friend ended up buying one too.  Win-win!

What are your go-to pieces for work?  Thanks so much for reading!

Popular Posts