Style Remix: Leather Sleeve Blazer

 Hello and happy Tax Day Monday - can you believe that April is half over already?  Hopefully you already filed your taxes and are planning how to spend your return.  =)  Today's outfit is a casual one, featuring this fabulous Zara charcoal blazer with leather sleeves.  I am a huge fan of the leather sleeve trend, and just love the extra edge they give to this simple one-button blazer as well as little details like the leather collar and leather trimmed pockets!





 Blazer: Zara (no longer available online)
Grid Sweater: "Skye Plaid Pullover" in cream, some sizes of black still available online, $69.50 at Banana Republic here
Boyfriend Jeans: Vintage Levi 501's, check out the "501 Jeans for Women" in sun bleach, $78 at Levi's here
Heels:  Paprika (old), similar "Ina" pump in black, $90 at Aldo here
Bag: Chanel, check out the budget-friendly Rebecca Minkoff "Quilt Mini Affair Bag" in black (also available in white and periwinkle, $195 at Shopbop here

I previously featured this blazer back in January with a dressy winter look for a night out on the town in Blazer with Leather Sleeves.  This time, I added a grid pattern sweater, black pointed-toe pumps, and vintage Levi 501's.  These Levis are actually my dad's, if you can believe it.  A few years ago, he was cleaning out drawers and uncovered an old pair of 501's from high school and college years.  I can't believe he kept them so long!  Since they fit me, I decided to keep them and am still trying to decide if I want to take sandpaper to them for a more weathered look.
 
A leather sleeve blazer can be easily dressed up or down depending on your mood.  Check out my save and splurge picks on leather sleeve blazers below:

Left: Save on the DKNYC "Stretch Twill Blazer with Black Leather Sleeves" in black, $186.75 (on sale!) at Bloomingdale's here
Middle: Save on the Tinley Road "Vegan Leather Sleeve Blazer" in black, $79.99 (on sale!) at Piperlime here
Right: Save on the Sanctuary "It Jacket with Vegan Leather Sleeves," $109.99 at Piperlime here


Left: Splurge on the Theory "Leather Open-Sleeve Blazer" in black, $445 at Nieman Marcus here
Middle: Splurge on the DNKYC "Leather Sleeve Blazer" in ivory, $259 at Nordstrom here
Right: Splurge on the Rag & Bone "Leather Sleeve Sliver Blazer" in black (Intermix exclusive), $658 at Intermix here
 
How would you style a leather sleeve blazer?  Thanks so much for reading!

Comments

  1. What a great blazer. Blazers are one of my favorite pieces and anything unique like leather on the sleeves makes me happy! I can't believe those jeans used to be your dads! Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather! I love blazers too - I have been really happy with the quality of my Zara blazers. =)

      Delete
  2. I love how you dressed that blazer down with those jeans - looks great! And your Chanel purse is to die for! x, Kat

    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the entire outfit. Fabulous!!!!

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, I definitely like!! Could totally see that work in New York or London!

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay - two of the most stylish cities!! =) Thank you!

      Delete
  5. That's amazing you were able to use your dad's jeans! It's always fun to find those treasures that can be used all over again. What a great idea!
    Fashionedible Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely makes them more special. =) Thanks so much!

      Delete
  6. I've been seeing the leather sleeves in short sleeve tops a lot but not really in blazers. I think I prefer this! Very cute on you.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that blazer Amber, it is great. It looks good dressed down with the cropped boyfriend jeans. Nice top too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look Amber and how you made your dad's jeans so cool!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the mix of textures with the blazer! I wound up owing money on my federal return (boo!) but got back a little bit of money from the state which softened the blow a little.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Total bummer that you owed on federal taxes this year, Sharon! We don't file state returns here in WA, but that's good that you were able to get some $$ back that way! =)

      Delete
  10. that jacket is awesome! Xo Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous jacket! I'm posting an outfit tomorrow of my new peplum shirt that has leather sleeves - I adore that touch of edge on an otherwise classic piece!! Hope you'll be able to link up on Thursday for Spring Florals!!

    Bri @ Work Clothes, I Suppose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bri! I will definitely be linking up tomorrow for spring florals!

      Delete
  12. Love how you styled your blazer and its pretty cool that you have your dad's old Levi's! Blazers are one of my favourite go to staples, you can never go wrong with them:)
    xo,
    Jackie
    www.stylemydreams.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie! I totally agree with you - blazers are a great closet staple! =)

      Delete
  13. Stylish outfit x

    www.jeanandjade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world and leaving a comment. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular Posts