Restaurant Review: La Toque, Napa Valley, California

Hello and happy Monday!  Last week, I shared two posts with our adventures in Napa Valley:  Weekend Getaway: Napa Valley & Morimoto and Weekend Getaway: Napa Valley Oysters & Wine Tasting.  Today will be my final post from our trip: a foodie review of the Michelin star rated Ken Frank restaurant La Toque.  La Toque is located in the Westin Verasa Napa, right downtown.  There are so many amazing restaurants in Napa Valley, and La Toque has been on our list to try.  I was thrilled to have the opportunity to dine here on Saturday evening before we headed home Easter morning.  Check out the photos of each dish below!

 Dress: Max & Cleo (old, check out this Taylor "Stripe Fit and Flare Dress" in cream/black, $148 at Amazon here
Sweater: "BP Classic Crewneck Cardigan" (old), same style similar color pink hibiscus, $19.90 (on sale!) at Nordstrom here
Bracelet: Conversation Pieces Boutique (old), check out the current "I Am a Summer Pirate" bracelet in coral, $22 at Conversation Pieces here
Necklace: Swarovski (old), similar Swarovski "Puffed Heart Pendant" in gold, $190 at Macys here

Cheddar Cauliflower and Horseradish Veloute with Maine Lobster and Tender Vegetables

Shaved Vegetable Salad with Hawaiian Big Eye Tuna, Yukon Gold Potato and Sauce Verte

Pan Roasted Wolfe Farm Quail with Creamed Stinging Nettles, Escargots and Black Trumpet Sauce

 Pan-Seared Frog Legs - I'm not sure what the sauce was because this dish wasn't on the menu!

 Medallion of Texas Antelope, its own "Boudin" and Black Forbidden Rice with Mulberry Pink Peppercorn Sauce

 Liberty Farm Duck Breast and a Cured Duck Croquette, with Confit of Cepes and Red Wine Sauce

 Boneless Lamb Loin with Cumin Scented Carrot Puree and Chick Pea Fries

 Sliced Niman Ranch Rib Eye with Fiscalini Cheddar Pearl Tapioca and Rutherford Red Wine Sauce

Cheese Plate - not on the menu but delicious cranberry walnut bread, apples, brie, epoisse, and another stronger cheese with hints of barnyard floor.  =)

Bombay with raspberry sauce.

Dark Chocolate Truffles and palmiers.

 What an indulgent meal - every dish was amazing and shows the talent and creativity of the chef.  If you are interested in learning more about the restaurant, the site is:

 http://latoque.com/

I hope you enjoyed this photo review of La Toque, and thanks so much for reading!  I'll be back to regular outfit photos with save and splurge picks tomorrow.  =)

Comments

  1. I love it when your vacation revolves around good food. THose pictures are making me hungry. I'm doing a link up this Thursday April 11. Show me your favorite spring trend. Woudl love it if you joined. I'm also giving away a $300 gift card to Gap. Check it out.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely join your linkup this Thursday, Agi, and thank you for letting me know! =)

      Delete
  2. Very nice!
    :) Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world and leaving a comment. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular Posts