Wardrobe Essential: Everyday Striped Dress

Two weekends ago, we decided to drive out to Walla Walla wine country for an overnight getaway.  I can't believe this was my first trip out to Walla Walla!  I grew up in Seattle, it's only a four hour drive from the city, and I love wine, so I really have no excuse other than it is a long drive.  August is a great time to go because you can see veraison in the grapes as they get closer to harvest.  Veraison is a term that means "the onset of ripening:" it's when the grape skins change color from green to red and you can see some examples in the photos below.  I wore this everyday striped dress for a leisurely afternoon of wine tasting, and although it's an old Madewell style it is still a go-to summer piece because of its timeless short-sleeved, full-skirted shape.  Oh, and it has pockets.  I don't know about you, but I think that having pockets on a breezy summer dress is the bee's knees.  It was 90 degrees that Sunday, so I kept the outfit simple by pairing this striped dress with comfy sandals, my trusty bucket bag, minimal gold jewelry, and aviator sunglasses.  These photos were taken at Va Piano Vineyards in the South region (Milo loved lounging outside on the grass as you can see below).  We also visited Amavi Cellers, Charles Smith, Dusted Valley, El Corazon, Gramercy Cellers, and Seven Hills on this weekend trip, and I'm already working on planner another Walla Walla wine country weekend in late summer/early fall.







Dress: Madewell (old)
Sandals: Charles by Charles David "Gisele" in tan (no longer available online), similar Sam Edelman "Trina" sandal in natural (also available in three other colors), $69.99 (on sale!) at Zappos here
Sunglasses: Michael Michael Kors "Sicily" in dune, $99 at Nordstrom here 
Bucket Bag: Banana Republic (no longer available online), similar "BDG Beau Convertible Sling Bucket Bag" in taupe (also available in two other colors), $39.99 (on sale!) at Urban Outfitters here
Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs "Henry" in gold, $250 at Nordstrom here 
Necklace and Bracelet c/o Conversation Pieces Boutique, check out newer pieces here and here
Ring: H&M, check out the statement "Matchstick Ring" in mixed metal, $39.50 at Banana Republic here

An everyday striped dress is a wardrobe essential for me, and many of you as well I'm sure!  I have several in different fabrics/colors that I rotate depending on the season.  Check out my picks for everyday striped dresses that are perfect to wear now into fall, all at reasonable prices:


Left: Topshop "Stripe A-Line Dress" in grey, $135 at Nordstrom here
Middle: "V-Neck T-Shirt Dress in Stripeblock" in aztec, $88 at Madewell here
Right: "Striped Split Neck Skirt Dress" in black, $99.88 (on sale!) at Ann Taylor here

How do you like to style your stripes?  Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and I hope you have a great week!

Linking up with Rhea, Et Cetera and Style Elixir.

Comments

Popular Posts