The Timeless Trench

<data:blog.pageTitle />


 
 Trench: Burberry
Sweater: "Merino Blend V-Neck Sweater" in navy, $39.90 (40% off with code FRIENDS) at the Limited here
Skirt: "Plaid Pencil Skirt," $24.49 (on sale!) at the Limited here
Pumps:  J Crew "Mona," similar Chinese Laundry "New Love" in nude patent on sale for $49.97 at Amazon here
Necklace: "Chain-ging Tides" necklace, $24.99 at Modcloth here
Bag: Dooney & Bourke (old), similar "Florentine Twist Strap Hobo" in navy, $298 at Dooney & Bourke here or "Dillen II Medium Zipper Pocket Sac" in navy, $288 at Dooney & Bourke here

A khaki trench coat is a timeless investment piece, and I was ecstatic when I found this particular Burberry trench at the Seattle Premium Outlet a few years ago.  It has a waterproof coating and a removable plaid wool liner for an easy transition from fall to winter and back to spring.  I love that I will be able to wear this khaki trench for many years, and it was definitely worth the price!  I was able to snag this gorgeous coat for 50% off retail price, since it was at the outlet.  Milo also has a pretty cool winter jacket that he also wanted to show off...doesn't he look handsome?

Check out my save and splurge picks for timeless trench coats:


Left: Save on the "Classic Trench Coat" in beige, $128 at Gap here
Middle: Save on the "Classic Belted Trench" in workwear khaki, $198 (30% off with code BRELECT through 11/6) at Banana Republic here
Right:  Calvin Klein "Double-Breasted Trench Coat" in khaki (Nordstrom Exclusive), $158 at Nordstrom here


Left: Splurge on the Burberry London "Double Breasted Cotton Trench" in honey, $1295 at Nordstrom here
Middle: Splurge on the "Collection Icon Trench" in light khaki, $298 (25% off + free shipping with code OURTREAT through 11/8) at J Crew here
Right: Splurge on the Burberry Brit "Classic Cotton Trenchcoat" in trench, $995 at Nieman Marcus here

  What is your favorite investment piece?  Or, do you have an investment piece that you are saving for?  I hope your week is going well so far, and thank you for reading!

Comments

  1. I love this trench!! You have great style! I am now following, i'd love for you to check out mine!
    Kal
    www.kalleemae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that trench. I have a black trench from Banana Republic that I just love. Some day I'll work my way up to Burberry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, that trench is totally timeless! LOVE your outfit! I've been looking for the perfect khaki trench for years. I'll definitely try out some of your picks!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world and leaving a comment. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular Posts