Style Remix: Timeless Trench and Bright Denim

<data:blog.pageTitle />



Trench: Burberry
Sweater: Loft, similar "Striped 3/4 Dolman Sleeve Sweater" in winter white, $44.99 (on sale!) at Loft here
Blouse: Equipment "Signature Silk Shirt" in nature white, $208 at Nordstrom here
Pants: Bella Dahl via Nordstrom Rack, similar "Pop Color Skinny Jean" in saucy red, $89.50 at Banana Republic here
Pumps: "Mya" Penny Pump in dark amber, $98.99 at Banana Republic here or similar Pour La Victoire "Larkin" in saddle, $80.07 at Amazon here

First seen in the Timeless Trench, this Burberry is one of my wardrobe treasures.  I saved for two years and stalked both the local Seattle Premium Outlets and various online sites before I found it.  I was being picky - I wanted water resistant coating and a removable liner so that I could wear it year round.  Persistence paid off when I came across this gem while shopping with my sister the day before Thanksgiving at the local outlet.  It's a little long, as you can tell (sorry Burberry, not every size 2 is 5'10"!), but for 50% off I happily pounced on my prize.  I do intend to have it hemmed a couple of inches to fall at the knee where it should be.  All that being said, it was totally worth the saving and stalking and I will have it forever.

Today's outfit is a casual work look.  I love my bright red pants (also seen in Did Someone Say Fire? and Style Remix: Red Denim), and they add a great pop of color to this otherwise neutral outfit.  I left the blouse untucked partly because the sweater is a little short, but also because I think it looks preppy and goes nicely with my loafer pumps.

A timeless trench is a wonderful investment piece, and there are so many great styles arriving stores now for spring!  Check out my favorite timeless trenches available now for both women and men:


Left: "Classic Trench" in almond (also available in winter white and black, and available in tall and petite!), $198 at Banana Republic here
Middle: Calvin Klein "Double Breasted Trench Coat" (Nordstrom Exclusive) in khaki (also available in black), $158 at Nordstrom here
Right:  Burberry Brit "Marystow" Double Breasted Poplin Short Trench Coat in trench, $1195 at Nordstrom here


Left: "Essential Belted Trench" in khaki (available in tall), $225 at Banana Republic here
Middle: Diesel "Javelins" Double Breasted Trench Coat" in yellow, $398 at Nordstrom here
Right: Burberry Brit "Britton" Trench Coat in trench, $995 at Nordstrom here

Don't forget to enter my 100th Post Giveaway!  A $25 Gap Inc gift card could be yours as my way of saying thank you to my readers!  Click on the link above for details - but don't wait too long.  This giveaway closes end of day Sunday 2/10/13.

Thanks for reading!

Popular Posts