Layered Peplum

Merry Christmas week!  I hope you are able to spend time with loved ones and enjoy holiday food and fun during this holiday season.  If you are working four days this week like I am, I hope you have lots of tasty treats and short days!  Today's look is inspired by the lovely Grace of Fashion Edible.  Grace is one of my favorite bloggers to follow for both fashion inspiration and tasty recipes, and she posted a gorgeous layered peplum look on her blog last week.  This is the perfect way to wear a sleeveless peplum top in the winter, and I just had to create my own version of Grace's look this weekend.  I layered a white faux leather/black knit sleeveless peplum top over a simple black oxford shirt for a combination that can just as easily be worn to the office as it can be dressed up for a night out.  For my going out look, I paired the layered peplum with coated denim, patent Louboutins, and statement jewelry.  I can't deny that I love how this look also matches my alice + olivia for Starbucks tumbler.  =)






 Peplum Top: ASTR via Nordstrom Rack (old)
Oxford Shirt: "Fitted Non-Iron Sateen Shirt" in black, $69.50 at Banana Republic here
Coated Denim: J Brand (old), similar J Brand "Mid-Rise Super Skinny Jeans" in coated black tar, $229 at Saks Fifth Avenue here
Pumps: Christian Louboutin (old), similar Christian Louboutin "Decolette Patent Red Sole Pump" in black, $625 at Nieman Marcus here
Necklace: "Hema Jewel Bloom Collar Necklace" in black (red still available), $38 at Baublebar here
Watch: Karl Lagerfeld "7 Beveled Bracelet Watch, 44mm" in black, $250 at Nordstrom here
Rings: "Double Cone Ring" in silver, $24 at Baublebar here and "Silver Classic Cigar Band Ring," $36 at Baublebar here
Clutch: Hobo International (old), similar Hobo International "Leanne Double Frame Convertible Clutch" in black, $157.50 at Amazon here

I am so thrilled about this outfit that I am seriously considering it for New Year's Eve!  Check out my picks below for peplum tops that would look fabulous layered over a black or white oxford shirt for a perfect holiday or New Year's Eve party look.


Left: BB Dakota "Perforated Peplum Top" in black, $57.40 (30% off!) at Shopbop here
Middle: "Glamorous Peplum Top" in black/black (The built-in bib necklace makes such a pretty statement!), $27.80 at Forever 21 here
Right: "Colorblock Zip Peplum Top" in black/white, $34.99 at Arden B here

Linking up with the lovely Lauren of Style Elixir for her  Style Sessions series!


Would you wear a layered peplum look?  Thanks so much for reading and I wish you the happiest of holidays!

Comments

Popular Posts