Midi Skirt

Good morning and happy Monday!  I hope you had a wonderful Christmas week.  The weather warmed back up a bit here in Seattle, and can't seem to make up its mind on whether it wants to be winter.  I don't mind, though, because I feel like I can style normal outfits instead of needing ten layers to leave the house.  Today's outfit is a perfect example of this with a midi skirt and bare legs.

The midi skirt trend returned in a big way for fall/winter 2013, but it can be a tough length of skirt to style for those of us who are not leggy 5'10" runway models.  I think that a midi skirt gives an outfit a vintage look and elongates legs when styled with a high heel and fitted top.  For this reason, I retrieved a print midi skirt (purchased from Nordstrom back in high school) from my old room at my parents' house on Christmas day.  So many trends cycle back into style, and I do think that it is worthwhile to hang on to your favorite well-made pieces.  I paired my vintage-looking print midi skirt with a fitted turtleneck sweater, then added patent pumps and a satchel in bright red for a pop of color.  This outfit feels "Mad Men" inspired, and is a perfect winter outfit for the office.

Skirt: Necessary Objects (old)
Sweater: "Essential Turtleneck" in black (available in petite and tall!), $39.99 (on sale!) at Banana Republic here 
Pumps: Nine West "Flax" in red patent, $55.99 (on sale!) at Zappos here 
Purse: Coach "Tanner - Mini Satchel" in scarlet, $258 at Nordstrom here
Watch: Karl Lagerfeld "7 Beveled Bezel Bracelet Watch, 44mm" in black, $250 at Nordstrom here






There are a variey of midi skirt cuts, but I prefer the a-line midi skirt for its vintage fit-and-flare shape that makes me want to twirl.  If you need to add one to your closet, check out my picks for midi skirts below, all right around the $50 pricepoint:


Left: "Pleated Midi Skirt" in blue (4 other colors available), $50.82 at Asos here
Middle: "As Simple As It Sheens Skirt" in ivory, $52.99 at Modcloth here
Right: Topshop "Tulle Midi Skirt" in black, $50 at Nordstrom here

How would you style a midi skirt this winter?  Thank you for reading, and I hope you ring in the New Year in a fabulous way this week!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world and leaving a comment. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular Posts